POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A vacuous comparison : Re: A vacuous comparison Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A vacuous comparison
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Dec 2008 11:04:35
Message: <4947d193$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Invisible escreveu:
>> OK, let's try something...
>>   http://www.haskell.org/
>>
>> Highly unfavourable, eh? Looks cheap, amaturish and uninviting.
>
> Hmm, I always liked it's CSS.  Well, if it shall make you happy, try this:
>
> http://www.alu.org/alu/home
>
> :P

Eww ick! What an ugly shade of green. (And green is my favourit colour!)

> Python and Ruby are targetted at pragmatic people who want to glue
> together many different systems with a hip new-fangled language smelling
> of wet paint.  They know that to grab these people they should use lots
> of flash.
>
> Lisp and Haskell are more like targetting researchers and people who
> love theoretical stuff... ;)

Heh. I'd still like to see the Haskell website look as pretty as the
Ruby one.

But then, Ruby's logo is... a ruby. Python's is two stylised snakes. I'm
not really sure what Haskell could have here...

Also, the "Hello World is tivial; here it is!" part. We could copy that
so easily...