POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A vacuous comparison : Re: A vacuous comparison Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A vacuous comparison
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 16 Dec 2008 10:21:09
Message: <op.ul9gx3wqmn4jds@phils.mshome.net>
And lo On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:01:57 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake thusly:

> scott wrote:
>
>> Haha I could do the same with the competitors of the company I work
>> for, then list our company website (which isn't even <company_name>.com
>> because they can't be bothered to pay off some company 10000x smaller
>> that already has it).  But sadly I doubt anyone would take any notice.
>
> Ooo... web whores. :-D
>
> "We'll register this DNS name first, and then charge its rightful owners
> 10,000,000 USD! We'll be rich! RICH!!"
>
> Kinda like patent trolls...

Not necessarily. We've called <name> and have <name>.co.uk, as we're
international we also took <name>.com. Now another company in Spain is
also called <name> and do something completely different to us, they
missed out on the .com and ended up with .com.es. We don't want their name
and they haven't offered to buy ours from us, we did use to get their
email from time to time when we had a catchall address though.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com