POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Wow! (Message 11 to 20 of 22)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Wow!
Date: 23 Dec 2009 05:24:31
Message: <4b31efdf@news.povray.org>
>> The scenes were [mostly]
>> real-world scenes filmed with real stereo cameras ...
>
> Are you sure? I suppose that there was more cg going on than you might have
> noticed. I read a interview with Cameron where he stated that "not one single
> real plant has been used in the film".

I'm talking about a different film.

And yes, there *was* lots of CGI in it. But I'm fairly sure the scene
with the three people walking through an empty car park talking to each
other was 100% real. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 23 Dec 2009 15:52:16
Message: <4b328300$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

> We're in the dark age of CGI right now.

Oh, I don't know about that. Guys like Pixar still manage to turn out
films which are not only gorgeous to look at, but actually enjoyable to
watch.

> Nowadays, anyone can put anything on the screen... so they do.

Well, not *anyone*. I couldn't, for example. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/