POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow! : Re: Wow! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow!
From: Warp
Date: 23 Dec 2009 17:21:58
Message: <4b329805@news.povray.org>
> Chambers wrote:

> > We're in the dark age of CGI right now.

> Oh, I don't know about that. Guys like Pixar still manage to turn out
> films which are not only gorgeous to look at, but actually enjoyable to
> watch.

  Could it be that, somewhat ironically, when a movie is CGI-only, the
creators can and do concentrate more on the story itself because they
don't have to be showing off photorealistic CGI (which in a CGI-only
movie is actually more counter-productive than useful)? Maybe the mentality
is more like "CG all in itself does not make a 90-minute movie, so we also
need a story to support it".

--
                                                          - Warp