POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Backup Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Backup (Message 1 to 10 of 58)
From: Invisible
Subject: Backup
Date: 18 Mar 2008 06:43:44
Message: <47dfaaf0$1@news.povray.org>
"Backup my harddrive? How do I put it into reverse?"

So spake the proverbial n00b. But seriously, in a business environment,
backing up critical data is pretty important.

What do you use to back up data? I'm not talking about permanent
archival, I'm talking about rolling backups so that if a small meteorite
hits your server room, you don't loose all the data you're working on.

I just managed to exceed the capacity of our current backup system. I
mean, I can temporarily work round it, but using a system that can
backup less than 1/3 of the data your server is capable of storing isn't
very smart. So we're going to have to invest in some better hardware.
What would you buy?

[I imagine this one is going to be dictated to me by HQ, but I'm curios...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/