POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Backup : Re: Backup Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Backup
From: Phil Cook
Date: 18 Mar 2008 11:42:27
Message: <op.t770lqewc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:10:27 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Invisible wrote:
>
>> [I imagine this one is going to be dictated to me by HQ, but I'm
>> curios...]
>
> Yah, I was right. They're sending us an LTO-1 robotic library.

That's a shame I thought they were going to suggest using 5 (or 7) hot
swap drives and mirroring them each day before archiving them off to tape.

It all depends on what level of back-up you require. Heh my favourite is a
company that used the grandfather/father/son system of backups, but reused
the tapes. So Day 1: GF, Day 2: F, Day 3: S, Day 4: GF etc. I'm sure you
can all see the problem.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com