POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Getting Kenned Ham, without paying. Server Time
18 Oct 2024 14:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Getting Kenned Ham, without paying. (Message 441 to 450 of 588)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
Date: 12 Dec 2007 01:30:34
Message: <475f800a@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 19:47:27 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Assuming the soul does exist,
>
> Of course it does. Just not as something that God has to deal with.

I don't know that it does - is there evidence/proof to suggest that it
does?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Dec 2007 01:34:10
Message: <475f80e2$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 21:31:43 -0500, nemesis wrote:

>> Then you'll have an idea of what it's like to be on the receiving end
>> of "spiritual" guidance that is unwelcome and unwanted.  Fair enough?
>
> geez!  If you wanted to get a "fuck you!" instead of "bless you" you
> could've asked for it from the beginning.  what a fucked up world!

You misunderstand; you're offering a prayer, which is a religious ritual,
for my soul.  As a practicing Pagan, I wouldn't dare have performed any
sort of ritual on you - Darren talks about the hubris of some of your
statements, and I have to say, I was quite shocked to see you suggest
that you might perform a ritual on my soul without my permission.

> BTW, I'm ok with tarot or other oracles, like astrology or the I-Ching.
> I don't think it's satan at work, just the correlation of all things and
> personal interpretation by means of a few man-made rules... they just
> present you paths, you decide your way.

FWIW, I don't consider Tarot to be an "oracle"; it's a way of looking at
a problem and of organizing your thoughts around a decision.  Or at least
that's how I look at it and how I use it (when I do).

But some people consider it to be a religious ritual, so of course I
would never perform a "reading" without someone's permission; and because
of the way I use it personally, my reading probably would not have any
value to a third party anyways, so I wouldn't likely start down that road
anyways; the interpretations are far, far too personal for a third party
to do them for you.

Jim

Post a reply to this message