18 Oct 2024 16:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Dec 2007 01:36:55
Message: <475f8187$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:59:57 -0500, nemesis wrote:

> no, I don't understand how wishing for one's well-being is the same as
> cursing them.  You don't need to believe in what I believe to benefit
> from best wishes.

"Best wishes" is one thing; praying to your god for my soul's well being
is presuming that I want your god to be looking after my well being.

I think it's pretty well established that I don't.  And I'm not alone in
that.

> I can understand it, though, in the light of we living in a fucked up,
> imoral world.  People without directions in their lifes tend to see
> everything as gray rather than black and white.  it's all the same for
> them, so not surprising at all...

You assume that anyone who doesn't believe as you do has no direction.  I
have a pretty good sense of direction for my life, thankyouverymuch.

That said, everything is not black and white - the world is shades of
grey.

Jim