POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Getting Kenned Ham, without paying. Server Time
12 Oct 2024 09:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Getting Kenned Ham, without paying. (Message 131 to 140 of 588)
From: Ross
Subject: Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
Date: 19 Nov 2007 18:44:08
Message: <47421fc8$1@news.povray.org>
news:47421093@news.povray.org...
> Ross <rli### [at] speakeasynet> wrote:
> > For shame. Now you're just mocking him for the sake of mocking.
>
>   How unimaginative to reuse the same old joke someone else already used.
>
>   What next? Some incomprehensive allusion to rabbits?
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Sorry to dissapoint you then, for I was reading the thread top down and
replying as I came to them.

here, accept this carrot as a token of my unimaginitive apology.

Post a reply to this message

From: Ross
Date: 19 Nov 2007 18:51:03
Message: <47422167$1@news.povray.org>
> Ross <rli### [at] speakeasynet> wrote:
> > Are you the authority on rational explanations? As a participant of the
> > argument, I don't think you are suited to be that judge.
>
>   Perhaps you didn't see words like "my guess is that" in my text?
> Does that kind of wording sound like I'm stating a fact or does it sound
> like I'm simply speculating?

I don't see the connection of your speculation to the paragraph I was
referencing... the "making fun of a head of a foreign state". You say, "In
other cases, however, I just can't understand it." With "It" being the
opposition, right? Let me be clear, I am saying you may be unable to have
realized a rational explanation because of your emotinal involvement in the
argument.

I don't see your point in bringing the "And my guess..." into it. What does
that have to do with it?

>   Well, this just confirms that people only see what they want to see,
> not what it's written.
>
>   I suppose it's Murphy's law applied to internet forums: If a message can
> be interpreted in more than one way, someone will interpret it in the
worst
> possible way. (Which is especially true if they *want* to interpret it in
> the worst possible way because of who is writing.)

That's true. We form opinions of people and are baised by those opinions no
doubt. I don't think that's a new revelation really.

Post a reply to this message