POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Germ Theory Denialism Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Germ Theory Denialism (Message 51 to 60 of 131)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Germ Theory Denialism
Date: 21 Dec 2010 15:43:23
Message: <4D11116C.2030507@gmail.com>
On 21-12-2010 21:12, andrel wrote:
[snip]
> People from a minority in general know relatively more from the
> majority, so there the problem is not so great. Though there are closely
> knit minorities with all sorts of strange ideas about how the majority
> thinks. It is from these groups that sometimes things are said and
> written that also leads to prosecution for hate mongering. (which is a
> limitation to free speech here).

I might have explained that better perhaps. The idea is that everyone
knows people from various groups. Starting from the center, there is
family, relatives, neighbours, sport and schoolmates, coworkers etc.
When the circle is expanding the composition will more and more be like
the average of the entire population. Hence people from the majority
will mainly meet people from the majority in every circle whereas
minorities meet more and more people from the majority. Alienation from
other groups is therefore in general more a problem of the majority than
of the minority.

Is that more clear? rereading, I doubt it...

Post a reply to this message