POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Germ Theory Denialism Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Germ Theory Denialism (Message 21 to 30 of 131)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Germ Theory Denialism
Date: 20 Dec 2010 10:26:07
Message: <4d0f758e@news.povray.org>
andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Is there a remark on Dutch criminal courts at about 3:30??
> If so, what the ... does he mean?

  I think he's referring to the case of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geert_Wilders

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 20 Dec 2010 14:01:25
Message: <4D0FA806.4000702@gmail.com>
On 20-12-2010 16:26, Warp wrote:
> andrel<byt### [at] gmailcom>  wrote:
>> Is there a remark on Dutch criminal courts at about 3:30??
>> If so, what the ... does he mean?
>
>    I think he's referring to the case of
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geert_Wilders

I sure hope not. And if he does I'd like to know what sources he has for
his statement. I think he says: "Faith disqualifies reason the way a
Dutch criminal court disqualifies truth and witnesses and for much the
same reason". Which seems to suggest that it is a common if not
necessary thing in the Dutch law system.
I was actually hoping that I either misheard him or that it refers to an
expression used by US lawyers. Sort of like the concept of a Dutch party
where everyone brings his own food and drinks (what we refer here to as
an American party and got much the same reason).

BTW there was a case against Geert Wilders, but that is now on hold
while they try to find new judges. Ones that have no opinion yet on the
case. (That probably means that it is on hold indefinitely).
Details are so hairy that I can hardly follow this case even with daily
updates from the best lawyers. Basing an opinion on this case and
extending that to the Dutch laws in general is not something that I
would advise. You are probably correct in that this is the only Dutch
court case that has gotten any international attention recently.

Post a reply to this message