POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some people can draw... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Some people can draw... (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Warp
Subject: Some people can draw...
Date: 26 Feb 2011 13:33:48
Message: <4d69478b@news.povray.org>
Others can draw even better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1mhfHklIRQ

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Some people can draw...
Date: 26 Feb 2011 14:13:46
Message: <4d6950ea$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Others can draw even better:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1mhfHklIRQ

Very cool. Neat to see how someone goes about making a picture like that,
and how much effort really goes into it.

Now think about the great artists in oil paint, who didn't have "zoom" and
didn't have "make this guy skinnier" warps, and who didn't have a pallet
that would show them exactly the color they wanted before they actually
mixed it up. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"

> Very cool. Neat to see how someone goes about making a picture like
> that, and how much effort really goes into it.
>
> Now think about the great artists in oil paint, who didn't have "zoom"
> and didn't have "make this guy skinnier" warps, and who didn't have a
> pallet that would show them exactly the color they wanted before they
> actually mixed it up. :-)

better tools made us dumber.  We have a remote in our hands and no
desire other than zapping mindlessly...

Sometimes I wonder about a modern digital sound studio in the hands of
Bach or Degas in the possession of photoshop...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

> better tools made us dumber. We have a remote in our hands and no desire
> other than zapping mindlessly...

That may be the case for you but better tools make me get more out of them.

> Sometimes I wonder about a modern digital sound studio in the hands of
> Bach or Degas in the possession of photoshop...

You could always ask David Hockney.

--
Regards
     Stephen