POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some people can draw... : Re: Some people can draw... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some people can draw...
From: nemesis
Date: 1 Mar 2011 15:22:19
Message: <4d6d557b@news.povray.org>
Stephen escreveu:
> On 28/02/2011 5:07 PM, nemesis wrote:
>

>> better tools made us dumber. We have a remote in our hands and no desire
>> other than zapping mindlessly...
>>

> That may be the case for you but better tools make me get more out of them.

That's not what I see in general: compare our angular, plain and boring
architecture engineered with the help of CAD software with that from the
baroque period; Mozart symphonies to trance music made with computers;
Dickens manuscripts to Dan Brown writing in Word with spell checker and
still getting it wrong...

You may be a renascentist living nowadays and making the most out of
your superior tools, but most are not. ;)

>> Sometimes I wonder about a modern digital sound studio in the hands of
>> Bach or Degas in the possession of photoshop...
>
> You could always ask David Hockney.

ah, I read that argument of his before.  He seems to believe it
impossible for someone to paint photorealistic paintings akin to those
of the old masters, even in the face of plenty of evidence by any
competent arts student to the contrary.  I can understand him feeling
that way for not knowing how to paint, though. :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9