POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Monitoring prices (Message 61 to 70 of 106)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Monitoring prices
Date: 11 Feb 2011 07:30:18
Message: <4d552bda$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Get out before you are a statistic.
>>
>> No kidding...
>
> The good folks here are not trying to put you down but are trying to
> help you. It can be frustrating at times when you display such a small
> town attitude but for your situation to change you will have to get out
> of your comfort zone and start to trust yourself.

I'm not sure what you mean by "small town attitude", but anyway... It's
a well-known fact that I'm under-paid, and that I have had exactly no
success trying to get hired by anybody else. We've had this debate.

Actually, I was having this conversation with my girlfriend just the
other day. Perhaps with her assistance I can get somewhere. (Let's face
it, she's had more jobs that I've had hot dinners...)

>> Sure. That wasn't my point.
>
> But it was mine.
> *Your* sights are set too low if you think £1000 is out of you reach.

I *know* that £1k is out of my reach today. There's no thinking about
it. ;-) What will be in reach if I ever get a real job... well, I
wouldn't know.

>>> Yes, but they were buggers to work for.
>>
>> Ah well, say "la V".
>
> No! I said "goodbye".