POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices : Re: Monitoring prices Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monitoring prices
From: scott
Date: 11 Feb 2011 11:25:07
Message: <4d5562e3$1@news.povray.org>
>> Don't worry, my employer lost 53 million USD last year :-)
>
> Down the back of the sofa?

I assume because not as many people bought stuff as they anticipated.

> Seriously, that's a crapload of money.

But you need to compare it to the revenue and value of the company.  A
company that loses $50m but is only worth $150m is in trouble, but one
worth $30000m probably doesn't need to worry about losing $50m in a bad
year.

 > I've always wondered how you can
> lose that much money and not be shut down...

Because the shareholders believe you have a plan to make profit at some
point...