POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random graphics paper Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  Random graphics paper (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Invisible
Subject: Random graphics paper
Date: 7 Feb 2011 11:49:51
Message: <4d5022af$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.valvesoftware.com/publications/2010/siggraph2010_vlachos_waterflow.pdf

Significantly less impressive than you'd think. Check out page #3, for
example. It appears to be merely a trivial repeating texture. There's no
hint of all the complexity that the paper claims goes into generating
this...

Post a reply to this message

> Significantly less impressive than you'd think. Check out page #3, for
> example. It appears to be merely a trivial repeating texture.

It *is* a trivial repeating texture, when static. See page 9.

> There's no
> hint of all the complexity that the paper claims goes into generating
> this...

Probably because it's not animated, and thus a dynamic flow of water isn't
going to be obvious in a printed paper.

Thanks for the paper, tho. That's interesting.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"