POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Product Mysteries Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Product Mysteries (Message 60 to 69 of 79)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Product Mysteries
Date: 28 Jan 2011 07:06:12
Message: <4d42b134@news.povray.org>
On 28/01/2011 11:41 AM, scott wrote:
>> Next up: Why is it prohibited to use your phone while filling your car
>> with fuel?
>
> To stop you wasting time when the next customer could be already handing
> over their money.

That sounds quite plausible.

So why do they insist you turn your engine off?

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 28 Jan 2011 08:07:28
Message: <4d42bf90$1@news.povray.org>
> So why do they insist you turn your engine off?

With an engine there seems like a plausible risk that it could start a
fire (given that it has thousands of volts specifically generated to
make a spark to ignite fuel) under some non-so-uncommon circumstances
(eg loose spark plug lead).

Post a reply to this message