POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Product Mysteries : Re: Product Mysteries Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Product Mysteries
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Jan 2011 12:33:19
Message: <4d42fddf$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/01/2011 4:38 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Well, here in Utah, that's true if you're with AT&T.  With Verizon,
> reception is pretty good everywhere I've been.

I would have thought that with either all those open spaces or canyon
buildings, reception would be patchy. Well you live and learn.

>> Never tried. Any excuse to switch it off.
>
> :-)  As I mentioned to Darren, I like to try to get that kind of data
> because it fits in with my hobby of flying in flight simulators.  Knowing
> speed/altitude data is useful when taking off (and landing) to try to get
> it right.

Did I ever mention that I used to use flight simulators? I spent hours
on FS4. So much so my wife bought me a flying lesson for my 40th
birthday. How could I have forgotten that I suffer from acrophobia? I’ve
not used a flight simulator since.

>> OK these were handhelds with power to reach the horizon.
>
> The horizon is a long ways away. ;-)

About 15 miles, all round. ;-)

--
Regards