POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Product Mysteries : Re: Product Mysteries Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Product Mysteries
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jan 2011 12:06:25
Message: <4d42f791$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Same here, I think (the "not surprised" bit is confusing me,

I'm saying that if you're in an industrial place that the general public is
not allowed into where keying up a radio blows fuses, that's understandable,
but you wouldn't want to design an airplane where someone from the general
public not following the rules about their cell phone crashes the plane.

I.e., it's perfectly safe in a nuclear reactor to say "nobody turn off the
coolant supply while the rods are out of the core." But you wouldn't put
that control panel in reach of the public tours of the facility.

Having a cell phone in the cockpit cause troubles is more reasonable than a
cell phone in the passenger compartment causing troubles.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"