POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:29:03 EDT (-0400)
  Kindling (Message 241 to 250 of 520)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Kindling
Date: 19 Jan 2011 19:05:56
Message: <4d377c64$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/01/2011 11:21 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Matter of fact, she does. ;-)
>>>
>> Then get her to stitch this...
>
> LOL

There, there. I'll give you a Glasgow kiss. :-P

> Well, you quoted me saying it. ;-)

Did you read my reply to Andrew?

> LOL, I thought I remembered you saying something about having worked in
> Wales at one point, so I knew it would get your attention. ;-)

Two points. About 40 years ago I worked in a holiday camp in Pwllheli.
And of course St lived in Colwyn Bay. :-(

>> I behaved similarly in Jamaica.  Speaking like "Teach" in workshops but
>> like me in the office.
>
> I'm sure that confused people at first. :-)

No, it was expected. o_O

>> Again, they do that in Jamaica. Probably picked it up from the Irish
>> "Indentured servants" who were transported there (and to Barbados) by
>> Cromwell's son.
>
> Quite possibly.

We've got a lot of history.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 00:05:52 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>> LOL
>>
> There, there. I'll give you a Glasgow kiss. :-P

I think I'll pass - I like my forehead too much. ;-)

>> Well, you quoted me saying it. ;-)
>>

> Did you read my reply to Andrew?

Probably, but you know how it is with memory. ;-)

>> LOL, I thought I remembered you saying something about having worked in
>> Wales at one point, so I knew it would get your attention. ;-)
>>
> Two points. About 40 years ago I worked in a holiday camp in Pwllheli.
> And of course St lived in Colwyn Bay. :-(

I keep forgetting that you've got 20 years on me.  Shame on me, must be
that old memory thing. :-)

>>> I behaved similarly in Jamaica.  Speaking like "Teach" in workshops
>>> but like me in the office.
>>
>> I'm sure that confused people at first. :-)
>>
> No, it was expected. o_O

Interesting.

>>> Again, they do that in Jamaica. Probably picked it up from the Irish
>>> "Indentured servants" who were transported there (and to Barbados) by
>>> Cromwell's son.
>>
>> Quite possibly.
>>
> We've got a lot of history.

So I've noticed.  Sadly, the immigration policies don't look to be
conducive to us moving over in the near future, so we're actually
contemplating a move to Oregon (since we have friends out there who have
said they want us to be near them, at least for a while <g>).

Jim

Post a reply to this message