POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An observation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  An observation (Message 78 to 87 of 107)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: An observation
Date: 3 Nov 2010 09:21:51
Message: <4cd161ef$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/28/2010 4:35 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> More specifically, given that Windows should never, ever, under any
> circumstances, be running on a single-function device like this, why are
> all the device drivers being written for Windows?

Um... Because Embedded Windows is extremely common, and very easy to
write software for? Embedded Windows isn't your garden variety desktop
OS, though it mirrors a lot of the desktop stuff in regards to API and
such; heck, a laser projector we used had only an interface to it in C#.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message