POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An observation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  An observation (Message 51 to 60 of 107)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: An observation
Date: 28 Oct 2010 17:35:51
Message: <4cc9ecb7@news.povray.org>
> Everything's trivial if you aren't the one writing the code.

Well, that's true enough.

>> I guess the real question is "why are people manufacturing devices
>> that will only ever be used as part of an embedded system writing
>> drivers for it that won't work as part of an embedded system?"
>
> Except it *is* a driver working as part of an embedded system, obviously.

More specifically, given that Windows should never, ever, under any
circumstances, be running on a single-function device like this, why are
all the device drivers being written for Windows?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> More specifically, given that Windows should never, ever, under any
> circumstances, be running on a single-function device like this, why are
> all the device drivers being written for Windows?

What would you run instead?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: