POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An observation : Re: An observation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An observation
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Oct 2010 15:22:54
Message: <4ccb1f0e@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> However both run a Linux kernel.  I doubt that the Windows kernel is
> what's running on both the Windows platform and Windows Mobile platforms.

It's hard to say. I would be very surprised if a majority of the OS code
wasn't in Windows. Of course I'm sure a bunch of it gets chopped, but I
would guess (uninformed, mind you) that the WinPhone OS is to normal Windows
like BusyBox is to Ubuntu.  Lots chopped out and left hanging, but enough
there to make porting stuff like .NET and silverlight and all that much
easier than if they started over.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: