POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ouch time Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:28:54 EDT (-0400)
  Ouch time (Message 23 to 32 of 32)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Ouch time
Date: 26 Aug 2010 13:58:40
Message: <4c76ab50@news.povray.org>

> >> Actually no. One of the molers, right on the middle.
> >
> >   Why?

> The filling kept getting infected. I lose count of how many times I had
> it refilled. In the end, they decided to just remove the tooth and be
> done with it.

  How is this possible? One would think that modern dentistry would have
solved such problems.

  I assume getting an artificial tooth to replace it is such a specialized
form of "cosmetic" surgery that the health care system isn't going to pay
for such things there?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> The filling kept getting infected. I lose count of how many times I had
>> it refilled. In the end, they decided to just remove the tooth and be
>> done with it.
>
>   How is this possible? One would think that modern dentistry would have
> solved such problems.

I guess the filling doesn't make a perfect seal, or maybe there's a
crack somewhere else in the tooth. IDK. All I know is that having an
infected tooth hurts quite a bit.

>   I assume getting an artificial tooth to replace it is such a specialized
> form of "cosmetic" surgery that the health care system isn't going to pay
> for such things there?

Obviously, I don't have (and never will have) that amount of money.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/