POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ouch time : Re: Ouch time Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ouch time
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Aug 2010 15:42:58
Message: <4c76c3c2$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   How is this possible? One would think that modern dentistry would have
> solved such problems.

They just did. ;-)

>   I assume getting an artificial tooth to replace it is such a specialized
> form of "cosmetic" surgery that the health care system isn't going to pay
> for such things there?

It's not cosmetic if you're fixing an infection. "Cosmetic" generally means
"voluntary" in this sort of thing.  So if the dentist says "You need a
denture there to keep the teeth from shifting inappropriately" it's not
cosmetic, any more than a prosthetic limb is.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven: