POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspirational text Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Inspirational text (Message 14 to 23 of 73)
From: Shay
Subject: Re: Inspirational text
Date: 7 Aug 2010 11:38:23
Message: <4c5d7def$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/07/2010 09:02 AM, Warp wrote:
> Shay<n@n.n>  wrote:
>> No, "nice" is a factor, because "nice" guys don't communicate. "Nice"
>> guys lie. "Nice" guys act interested when they're bored. "Nice" guys
>> think they can get away with it and can never figure out why their
>> deceitful human encounters go sideways.
>
>    It sounds like that your opinion is that there are only "nice men" and
> "douchebags". The "nice men" are just liars, and the "douchebags" are,
> well, douchebags.

My opinion is that "nice men" aren't really that nice at all. Your
typical "nice guy" is a selfish, manipulative (at least, he tries to be)
person. I can't stand to be around him. I can't stand when he interrupts
the conversation of normal, mentally-healthy people with his bullshit.
His being socially awkward or "unlucky" with women doesn't make him any
less a troll.

Some of these trolls find a home in the bullshit avalanche of particular
bar/club scenes[1]. This is the type of person I think of as a
"douchebag." Whatever girl he can barter sex from in exchange for his
blowing smoke up her ass is as much a troll as he is and finds the
attention/reinforcement well worth whatever heartache he may give her. I
think you'll find most douchebag guys were dorky kids.

  -Shay

[1] I'll ignore the fact that you're a checker at Wallmart and pretend
your putting on that hat makes you a cowboy if you ignore the fact that
I'm 25, unemployed, and live with my parents and pretend that my putting
on this jacket makes me a biker.

Post a reply to this message

Dorks and douchebags both occupy the second group.

Post a reply to this message

> My opinion is that "nice men" aren't really that nice at all. Your
> typical "nice guy" is a selfish, manipulative (at least, he tries to be)
> person. I can't stand to be around him. I can't stand when he interrupts
> the conversation of normal, mentally-healthy people with his bullshit.
> His being socially awkward or "unlucky" with women doesn't make him any
> less a troll.

  It sounds to me like your definition of "nice guy" is a bit different
than what most other people think (including the guy who wrote that text
I linked to in my original post).

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> My opinion is that "nice men" aren't really that nice at all. Your
>> typical "nice guy" is a selfish, manipulative (at least, he tries to be)
>> person. I can't stand to be around him. I can't stand when he interrupts
>> the conversation of normal, mentally-healthy people with his bullshit.
>> His being socially awkward or "unlucky" with women doesn't make him any
>> less a troll.
>
>    It sounds to me like your definition of "nice guy" is a bit different
> than what most other people think (including the guy who wrote that text
> I linked to in my original post).

No, I'm talking about the exact same guy. What he doesn't understand is
that he gets no "physical intimacy" because he is *incapable* of
"emotional intimacy." He has his head so far up his ass that he doesn't
see why he can't get close to a woman by going through the right moves
(opening doors, cooking dinner, buying gifts) instead of having honest

The woman somehow eluded him despite his master-planned strategy, so now
she deserves misery. Yeah, nice guy.

  -Shay

Post a reply to this message

> No, I'm talking about the exact same guy. What he doesn't understand is
> that he gets no "physical intimacy" because he is *incapable* of
> "emotional intimacy." He has his head so far up his ass that he doesn't
> see why he can't get close to a woman by going through the right moves
> (opening doors, cooking dinner, buying gifts) instead of having honest
> communication with her ??? must be that she's a stuck-up bitch.

> The woman somehow eluded him despite his master-planned strategy, so now
> she deserves misery. Yeah, nice guy.

  I'm sorry to say this, but you are being outright delusional. I can't
understand how you are seeing this in what that guy wrote.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> > No, "nice" is a factor, because "nice" guys don't communicate. "Nice"
> > guys lie. "Nice" guys act interested when they're bored. "Nice" guys
> > think they can get away with it and can never figure out why their
> > deceitful human encounters go sideways.
>
>   It sounds like that your opinion is that there are only "nice men" and
> "douchebags". The "nice men" are just liars, and the "douchebags" are,
> well, douchebags.

where are we geeks in that classification? :p

Post a reply to this message

> where are we geeks in that classification? :p

  Geeks are permanently and chronically single, so they don't count.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> No, I'm talking about the exact same guy. What he doesn't understand is
>> that he gets no "physical intimacy" because he is *incapable* of
>> "emotional intimacy." He has his head so far up his ass that he doesn't
>> see why he can't get close to a woman by going through the right moves
>> (opening doors, cooking dinner, buying gifts) instead of having honest
>> communication with her ??? must be that she's a stuck-up bitch.
>
>> The woman somehow eluded him despite his master-planned strategy, so now
>> she deserves misery. Yeah, nice guy.
>
>    I'm sorry to say this, but you are being outright delusional. I can't
> understand how you are seeing this in what that guy wrote.

You can't see how that might have been interpreted as ...

I did everything I was supposed to do to make you want to sleep with me,
but you didn't because you were shallow and foolish. Now, I have a new
strategy for making girls want to sleep with me.

  -Shay

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 13:55:25 -0400, Warp wrote:

> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> where are we geeks in that classification? :p
>
>   Geeks are permanently and chronically single, so they don't count.

bs, I'm a geek and married.  My wife's a geek too.

Jim

Post a reply to this message