POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A random wondering of my own... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  A random wondering of my own... (Message 80 to 89 of 109)
From: Neeum Zawan
Subject: Re: A random wondering of my own...
Date: 22 Jul 2010 22:58:32
Message: <87r5iu3ntr.fsf@fester.com>
Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> writes:

>>   There are certainly tons of atheists (a term which I'm using in a very
>> broad sense here) who have all kinds of misconceptions about the Bible
>> and the christian dogma, and which are quite easy to prove wrong, and
>> which, basically, make themselves as foolish with their misconceptions
>> as many creationists with their misconceptions about science.
>
> Oh, sure - those who are *active* atheists, though (as compared to those
> who just "don't care" - which is more agnosticism than atheism IIRC) do
> tend to have studied a lot more than the average practitioner of a
> theistic religion.

Again, I disagree - perhaps you phrased it carelessly. The ones I spoke
of in my message are very much atheists, not agnostics.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Jul 2010 09:55:08
Message: <4c499f3c@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:59:44 -0700, Neeum Zawan wrote:

> Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> writes:
>
>>>   There are certainly tons of atheists (a term which I'm using in a
>>>   very
>>> broad sense here) who have all kinds of misconceptions about the Bible
>>> and the christian dogma, and which are quite easy to prove wrong, and
>>> which, basically, make themselves as foolish with their misconceptions
>>> as many creationists with their misconceptions about science.
>>
>> Oh, sure - those who are *active* atheists, though (as compared to
>> those who just "don't care" - which is more agnosticism than atheism
>> IIRC) do tend to have studied a lot more than the average practitioner
>> of a theistic religion.
>
> Again, I disagree - perhaps you phrased it carelessly. The ones I spoke
> of in my message are very much atheists, not agnostics.

I think rather I didn't phrase it 'carelessly' but rather based on my own
experiences.  What would YOU do?

Jim

Post a reply to this message