POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Feel the beat (Message 21 to 30 of 90)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Feel the beat
Date: 18 Jul 2010 13:01:30
Message: <4c43336a@news.povray.org>
>> Wikipedia claims it has no scientific basis.
>
> I'm guessing the American Heart Association wouldn't make charts on
> their site if they had no scientific basis at all.  It's also what my
> doctor told me. So....

Yeah, surely Wikipedia is more authoritative than the American Heart
Association.

(Then again, I get the distinct impression that maximum heart rate
varies wildly from person to person, so just about any formula is only
ever going to be a very rough estimate. Short of actually *measuring*
your maximum heart rate, that is...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/