POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat : Re: Feel the beat Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feel the beat
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 19 Jul 2010 16:03:29
Message: <4c44af91$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Measure your pulse manually (using a clock) and at the same time see
> what the device is claiming your pulse to be.

I just looked up how to measure your heart rate manually.

Just FYI, feeling my own pulse seriously grosses me out! >_<

Anyway, I managed to grin and bear it for 60 seconds, and I counted
about 85 pulses. The monitor is claiming an average rate of 88 BPM.
These numbers are approximately similar.

On the other hand, while driving home, the monitor did briefly flash up
206 BPM, which is obviously nonesense. After tonights dancing, it gave
me a maximum BPM value of 183, which is really quite high considering
how sidate the dancing was. (Sidate by rock & roll standards, anyway...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/