POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Boundless talent Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Boundless talent (Message 13 to 22 of 22)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Boundless talent
Date: 8 Jul 2010 04:07:38
Message: <4c35874a$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> So don't expect to do a 2 hour class for 52 weeks and become like them!

Well, sure. But you would expect that spending time on something would
result in *some* improvement...

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 8 Jul 2010 04:47:30
Message: <4c3590a2$1@news.povray.org>
>> I read somewhere (don't remember which book now) that you need 10000
>> hours
>> of experience in something to become an expert.  Apparently if you
>> research
>> many "experts" (including famous sports people, business men, artists
>> etc),
>> almost all have surpassed the magic 10K hour mark.
>
> Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell. Good book, very interesting, especially the
> Bill
> Gates example.

Yes that's the one, I'm terrible at remembering which book was about which
subject!

Anyway, it really made me realise that it's no good just being in the right
place at the right time, you need to have put in a huge amount of work *and*
then be in the right place at the right time.

Post a reply to this message