POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Boundless talent : Re: Boundless talent Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boundless talent
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Jul 2010 11:19:26
Message: <4c35ec7e$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 09:07:37 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> scott wrote:
>
>> So don't expect to do a 2 hour class for 52 weeks and become like them!
>
> Well, sure. But you would expect that spending time on something would
> result in *some* improvement...

Depends on a lot of factors besides just time spent - focus, the
instruction provided, the feedback provided, etc.  If you're being taught
by someone who doesn't know what they're doing, you could conceivably
regress (I sat in a day-long 'class' which ended with the 'instructor'
telling us she wasn't there to *teach* us anything; the group spent more
time arguing with her about what her role was than what the actual
subject matter she was supposed to teach us about.

Jim