POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ReactOS Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  ReactOS (Message 34 to 43 of 63)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: ReactOS
Date: 24 Jun 2010 12:49:44
Message: <4c238ca8$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> There may be a term in the EULA which prohibits reverse engineering.

... which *used* to be unenforceable in the US, since copyright law is
federal and allows reverse engineering, while EULAs are contract law which
is state law.

The DMCA and all that probably changed this in the 30+ years since I learned
that, tho.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly

Post a reply to this message