POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ReactOS : Re: ReactOS Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ReactOS
From: Warp
Date: 24 Jun 2010 13:07:59
Message: <4c2390ef@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   Why would it be illegal? There's no law in any country I know of which
> > would forbid building a system which is capable of running an program.

> It would probably be the "look and feel" lawsuits, even ignoring the patent
> problems.

  I have hard time believing that trade dress laws apply to basic computer
user interfaces. Else Microsoft could sue the creators of KDE and Gnome for
copying their windowing ideas (not to talk that Apple could probably sue
Microsoft for the same thing, as windowing was probably implemented in Apple
computers before Windows)l

--
                                                          - Warp