POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead (Message 56 to 65 of 75)
From: Neeum Zawan
Subject: Re: I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead
Date: 25 Jun 2010 00:15:23
Message: <87vd97zr0a.fsf@fester.com>
Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> writes:

> Better character development.  OK, I can see that, sure.

Somehow, I'm feeling you're saying that in jest.

It was, however, a very quotable movie:

Hudson: Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we
just got our asses kicked, pal!

++++

Hudson: Let's just bug out and call it even, OK? What are we talking about this for?
Ripley: I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be
sure.
Hudson: Fuckin' A...
Burke: Ho-ho-hold on, hold on one second. This installation has a substantial dollar
value attached to it.
Ripley: They can *bill* me.

+++

Hudson: That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now?
What are we gonna do?
Burke: Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why
don't we try that?

+++

Ripley: How long after we're declared overdue can we expect a rescue?
Hicks: [pause] Seventeen days.
Hudson: Seventeen *days?* Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not
gonna last seventeen *hours!* Those things are gonna come in here just like they did
before. And they're gonna come in here...
Ripley: Hudson!
Hudson: ...and they're gonna come in here AND THEY'RE GONNA GET US!
Ripley: Hudson! This little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no
training.
[to Newt]
Ripley: Right?
[Newt apes a salute]