POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  The computer project (Message 81 to 90 of 180)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: The computer project
Date: 12 Jun 2010 12:29:52
Message: <4c13b600$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> This is the part I don't get. Mounting more chips on a board costs
> money, but making an ASIC costs orders of magnitude *more* money.

It really doesn't. When I was in college, the guys learning how to do this
had runs of 10 chips at a time at a fab to test out their designs. It's
really not as expensive as you think.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly

Post a reply to this message