POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project : Re: The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The computer project
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Jun 2010 13:38:22
Message: <4c13c60e$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well, as I say, when you never achieve anything, it doesn't boost your
>> confidence very much. (And hell, even when I do manage to do something
>> moderately impressive, nobody seems to be impressed.)
>
> Don't expect others to boost your confidence.
>
> And don't measure your achievements by looking at famous people, or
> goals still far beyond your reach - instead, measure your achievements
> by looking back at where you started from.

Attending a beginner's dance class the other day was interesting...
watching all those people struggling over the "filler" moves I use when
I'm trying to decide what my next *real* move is going to be.

Still, if it doesn't impress anybody else, what's the point?

> Seriously, STFU. That's the first step to more self-confidence: If you
> can't find anything positive to say about yourself, don't say anything,
> and just STFU.

Well... my mother always said "if you don't have anything nice to say,
don't say anything". Maybe I need to apply that to talking about me?

(Actually, my mother never once said that. What she *did* say a lot was
"Oi! Tidy your room!!" And - oh, damnit! >_< )

Aside: Every time I see "STFU", it looks like "stuff you"...

> Could it be that being a loser once used to be a way for you to gain
> something? Attention perhaps?
>
> Gee, and we're delivering just that right now...

 From what I've seen, *not* being a loser gets you way, way more
attention. Of a more satisfying kind. (Although not _all_ necessarily
good...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/