POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  The computer project (Message 151 to 160 of 180)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Pure sunshine
Date: 14 Jun 2010 14:29:46
Message: <4c16751a@news.povray.org>
>>> Don't listen to bored and lonely music when you are bored and lonely.
>> Apparently I'm listening to a different Neil Sedaka than everybody
>> else... The one I have is like liquified sunshine in a bottle.
>>

> Quite possibly I am misremembering. I have heard his named attached to
> some music years back, but I don't remember the tune. Or I am thinking
> of a different artist with a similar name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7sgdR9Oxs8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fKoWuz0Ow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfEqdhvZItM

Shall I continue?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: The computer project
Date: 14 Jun 2010 14:38:03
Message: <4c16770b$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well, the expensive bit is true enough. I just re-checked the Xilinx
>> website and I can't find any starter kits for less than about $200.
>
> Try Lattice.

OK, I'll take a look.

The other problem of course is that using an FPGA system is like typing
some stuff into a little black box and getting an answer come out. If I
wanted to do that, I could just write a small computer program that does
the same thing, on a real computer. ;-) It seems almost like cheating...

There's something tactile about having a physical box of wires with
flashing lights in front of you. (Although obviously it's a *hell* of a
lot more work!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Am 14.06.2010 20:29, schrieb Orchid XP v8:

>>> Apparently I'm listening to a different Neil Sedaka than everybody
>>> else... The one I have is like liquified sunshine in a bottle.
>>>

>> Quite possibly I am misremembering. I have heard his named attached to
>> some music years back, but I don't remember the tune. Or I am thinking
>> of a different artist with a similar name.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7sgdR9Oxs8
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fKoWuz0Ow
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfEqdhvZItM

Sony either doesn't like that guy, or doesn't like Germans listening to
him on Youtube...

Post a reply to this message

> Sony either doesn't like that guy, or doesn't like Germans listening to
> him on Youtube...

Consider yourself lucky ;-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

I take it you don't like the Beach Boys either?

Post a reply to this message