POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project : Re: The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The computer project
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 14 Jun 2010 14:38:03
Message: <4c16770b$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well, the expensive bit is true enough. I just re-checked the Xilinx
>> website and I can't find any starter kits for less than about $200.
>
> Try Lattice.

OK, I'll take a look.

The other problem of course is that using an FPGA system is like typing
some stuff into a little black box and getting an answer come out. If I
wanted to do that, I could just write a small computer program that does
the same thing, on a real computer. ;-) It seems almost like cheating...

There's something tactile about having a physical box of wires with
flashing lights in front of you. (Although obviously it's a *hell* of a
lot more work!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/