POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? (Message 11 to 20 of 108)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
Date: 7 Jun 2010 09:25:03
Message: <4c0cf32f$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>> What do you do?
>>
>> I've had a few problems with the CLOC. (Center Lane Owners Club.)
>> Annoying, isn't it? Still, sometimes there just isn't a lot you can do.
>
> On 3-lane roads it less of a problem (I've very rarely seen an outside
> lane hogger on a 3 lane road that wasn't going really fast), you can
> usually overtake CLOCs eventually without issue.

The fun happens when you have a CLOC travelling at 50, so some truck
decides he wants to overtake it at 55. So you now have the CLOC blocking
the middle lane, and the truck blocking the fast lane.

I've seen it result in utter mayhem as a huge queue develops in the fast
lane, and in the middle lane because people haven't grabbed the fast
lane soon enough, and *then* some rich twat in his expensive BMW comes
along and undertakes along the slow lane and then tries to dice around
with the traffic merging from the correct side...

All this trouble and strife just because some foreigner doesn't know how
to drive properly. :-P

Actually, I recall that on my driving theory test, one of the questions
was about this. Something like "which lane do you use?" and the options
were "any lane", "the lane with the least traffic in it", "the left
lane" or "the left lane except when overtaking". If you didn't know,
some of those other options do actually sound plausible... I guess a lot
of people don't know. (Or just aren't paying attention to where they're
going...)

Post a reply to this message