POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Sistine Chapel - Fine Art & Hypocrisy Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  The Sistine Chapel - Fine Art & Hypocrisy (Message 21 to 30 of 30)
From: Joost
Subject: Re: The Sistine Chapel - Fine Art & Hypocrisy
Date: 28 May 2010 11:10:01
Message: <web.4bffdbc0f7da0a092a36ae330@news.povray.org>
Luckily Michealangelo had a sence of humour, he painted God's rear side, and the
pope's didn't notice...
http://markmux.wordpress.com/2009/03/07/gods-bum-at-the-sistine-chapel/

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 28 May 2010 12:03:20
Message: <4bffe948@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos wrote:
> People take the Bible and try to use it to control others. You get a
> totally different picture if you only look at the Bible and not how
> people are abusing it.

I think most people complaining about the bible wouldn't be complaining if
others weren't trying to use it to control them.

You can give a lousy review of a cookbook, but nobody really cares because
nobody force-feeds you what's described in the recipes.

> Frankly, i don't fair to dismiss the Bible because of the way people
> abuse it.

Yeah, actually, it is.  For a book that's supposed to provide absolute
morals and be divinely inspired, it sure has an awful lot of conflicting
interpretations.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid

Post a reply to this message