POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Sistine Chapel - Fine Art & Hypocrisy : Re: The Sistine Chapel - Fine Art & Hypocrisy Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Sistine Chapel - Fine Art & Hypocrisy
From: Warp
Date: 5 Jun 2010 10:44:37
Message: <4c0a62d4@news.povray.org>
andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 27-5-2010 18:05, Darren New wrote:

> > Or "we're not worshiping the idols, we're worshiping what the idols
> > portray."

> That is sort of the dogma in the orthodox church. As I said elsewhere, I
> was in a monastery, a Greek orthodox one.

  Am I too cynic if I say that's just playing with words to get around
the prohibition?

  If they were serious about obeying the commandment, then it wouldn't make
much sense to be playing with it, see how far they can go without breaking
it and taunting fate. It would make more sense to stay at a safe distance
and not have any such idols at all. At least that way they would be a lot
surer about not breaking the commandment.

--
                                                          - Warp