POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics activity Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:01 EDT (-0400)
  Electronics activity (Message 1 to 10 of 65)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Electronics activity
Date: 23 May 2010 06:41:13
Message: <4bf90649$1@news.povray.org>
Hoookay, well yesterday I had running silicon. And this time, it did
what I was expecting it to do! ;-)

Ironically, the biggest problem was actually *wires*. I bought a box of

a nice compartmental box and there's quite a lot of wire in it, each
length in a different colour, with the ends neatly bent to a
right-angle.) Unfortunately, the wire is so utterly stiff and unbendable
that I had a lot of trouble using it.

The other expensive item was LEDs. If you want those "high intensity"

of them in stock. (Again, WTF?) So if you want to buy more than 3 LEDs,
basically what you have to do is buy a "lucky bag", which just contains

and a battery holder, both of which were mere pence as you'd expect. So

And then I walked back into the shop and bought some batteries. Because,

batteries is pretty much a normal price really.

I have now taken the box of wires back. I was able to buy a 10 m reel of

However, it's multi-strand (presumably why it's flexible), so now I have
to go find my soldering iron and some solder so I can tin the ends...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/