POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics activity : Re: Electronics activity Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronics activity
From: Stephen
Date: 23 May 2010 09:19:13
Message: <4bf92b51@news.povray.org>
On 23/05/2010 12:12 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> And then I walked back into the shop and bought some batteries. Because,

>>> batteries is pretty much a normal price really.
>>
>> The next thing you should build is a dual voltage power supply.
>
> Uh, why?
>
> 1. If I actually wanted one, I could *buy* one for a very modest price.
> (And that way, it would actually work properly.)

Why not? It is educational, useful, fun and profesional. You will often
use one supply (5V for TTL Vcc) and another for a signal or maybe a
relay supply.

> 2. I don't know how many amp-hours an AA battery is, but with each IC
> using several micro-watts of power, I don't envisage running them flat
> any time soon.

But you will sometime and there is always the chance of you not noticing
the battery voltage dropping and your circuts not working properly.
But then I only worked in electronics for 25 years so what do I know ;-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen