POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics research Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Electronics research (Message 51 to 60 of 104)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Electronics research
Date: 20 May 2010 04:45:18
Message: <4bf4f69e@news.povray.org>
Am 20.05.2010 10:20, schrieb Invisible:

> Right. So I'm looking at 2.1 V or 2.2 V or thereabouts.

Make sure to leave some margin for tolerances; resistors may have
tolerances up to 10% (though 5% seem to be more common nowadays), and
your power supply might be more (or less) than 5V as well. You don't
want to kill your LED just because its actual "lethal" forward current
happens to be pretty close to nominal, while the power supply and
resistor parameters happen not to be.

Post a reply to this message