POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics research : Re: Electronics research Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronics research
From: Darren New
Date: 20 May 2010 12:09:35
Message: <4bf55ebf$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> which is why LEDs don't light up at all below a certain voltage.

I read a book back in high school that talked about electronics and went all
the way from tubes to CMOS FETs, in sufficient detail that I even know *why*
on an atomic level LEDs don't light up below a certain voltage.

Was a really cool book. I wish I remembered the name of it.  I was too young
at the time to realize it was exceptional.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid