POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Photoshop CS5 (Message 1 to 10 of 154)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Photoshop CS5
Date: 3 May 2010 08:46:00
Message: <4bdec588$1@news.povray.org>
Has anybody seen the previews for some of the features of this new
edition of Photoshop?

Been playing with it for a while. The Content-aware fill is truly
amazing. In most situations it creates a seamless fill, and allows
removal of distractions from photos without spending hours cloning to
get things just right, an example (this was extremely easy, of course...):

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4566671239_be84f2f7a6_o.jpg

The top picture is the "after", of course. I simply removed some of the
more distracting elements of the image, to do this only took a few
seconds, quickly surrounding the offending bits with the lasso tool and
hitting the delete key.

Some demos by adobe. Trust me, it is just as impressive as they make it
look:

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2010/03/caf_in_ps.html
http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2010/04/video_russell_browns_top_5_new_cs5_features.html
http://tv.adobe.com/product/photoshop/

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Has anybody seen the previews for some of the features of this new
> edition of Photoshop?

  I think somebody made a post about it some months ago.

  What I'm wondering: When will they include an "Add UFO" button to Photoshop
to make it easier to fake UFO photographs?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> Has anybody seen the previews for some of the features of this new
>> edition of Photoshop?
>
>    I think somebody made a post about it some months ago.
>
>    What I'm wondering: When will they include an "Add UFO" button to Photoshop
> to make it easier to fake UFO photographs?

Just as soon as they're done with the fashion industry's demand for a
suite of emaciate and deform tools ... :)

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Has anybody seen the previews for some of the features of this new
> edition of Photoshop?
>
> Been playing with it for a while. The Content-aware fill is truly
> amazing.

While it *is* truly amazing - to the point of being frightening - the
thing I can't figure out is how a normal human manages to get near a
copy of Photoshop in the first place. Last time I checked, it's
jaw-droppingly expensive...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> While it *is* truly amazing - to the point of being frightening - the
> thing I can't figure out is how a normal human manages to get near a
> copy of Photoshop in the first place. Last time I checked, it's
> jaw-droppingly expensive...

  Well, there are cheap student versions, and not everybody is as honest
as you are...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message