POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Photoshop CS5
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 3 May 2010 08:46:00
Message: <4bdec588$1@news.povray.org>
Has anybody seen the previews for some of the features of this new
edition of Photoshop?

Been playing with it for a while. The Content-aware fill is truly
amazing. In most situations it creates a seamless fill, and allows
removal of distractions from photos without spending hours cloning to
get things just right, an example (this was extremely easy, of course...):

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4566671239_be84f2f7a6_o.jpg

The top picture is the "after", of course. I simply removed some of the
more distracting elements of the image, to do this only took a few
seconds, quickly surrounding the offending bits with the lasso tool and
hitting the delete key.

Some demos by adobe. Trust me, it is just as impressive as they make it
look:

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2010/03/caf_in_ps.html
http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2010/04/video_russell_browns_top_5_new_cs5_features.html
http://tv.adobe.com/product/photoshop/