POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:12:07 EDT (-0400)
  Photoshop CS5 (Message 5 to 14 of 154)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Photoshop CS5
Date: 3 May 2010 14:23:07
Message: <4bdf148b@news.povray.org>
> While it *is* truly amazing - to the point of being frightening - the
> thing I can't figure out is how a normal human manages to get near a
> copy of Photoshop in the first place. Last time I checked, it's
> jaw-droppingly expensive...

  Well, there are cheap student versions, and not everybody is as honest
as you are...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 3 May 2010 15:12:04
Message: <4bdf2004$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> jaw-droppingly expensive...

$69 is jaw-droppingly expensive?

Even $600 for the full pacakge isn't jaw-droppingly expensive.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 May 2010 16:08:27
Message: <4bdf2d3b@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 03 May 2010 19:16:01 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> the
> thing I can't figure out is how a normal human manages to get near a
> copy of Photoshop in the first place.

£361.58 on buy.com.

Not really jaw-droppingly expensive; Windows Server 2008 by comparison is
£631.22 on buy.com for a 5-user CAL.  People manage to get near that
quite readily, including many people studying for their MCSE at home.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> and not everybody is as honest as you are...

Yeah, apparently. That's slightly unsettling, actually.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/