POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 May 2010 18:02:50
Message: <4bdf480a$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 03 May 2010 22:24:03 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> the
>>> thing I can't figure out is how a normal human manages to get near a
>>> copy of Photoshop in the first place.
>>
>> £361.58 on buy.com.
>
> I thought it was a lot more than that. Hmm, maybe I'm thinking of the
> whole "creative suite" rather than just Photoshop.

That was the pricing on Creative Suite 4.  Photoshop on its own is less
expensive - I figured you were thinking of the most expensive option, so
that's what I looked for (the most expensive version of Photoshop I could
find).

How much did you think it was?

> Even so, this would still make it considerably more expensive than any
> piece of software I've ever purchased in my life. (Although, when you
> think about it, most *computers* cost more than this...)

That they do, and they frequently come bundled with software.  You can
get Photoshop Elements for fairly cheap - it even came bundled with my
Wacom tablet.

>> Windows Server 2008 by comparison is £631.22 on buy.com for a 5-user
>> CAL.
>
> Fortunately, unless you run a server, you don't need this product. (In
> other words, your employer is going to pay for it, not you.)

That's frequently the case for users of Adobe Photoshop as well -
especially CS:  The people who tend to use it are the pros, not the
hobbiest user.

Jim