POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
9 Oct 2024 08:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Bl**dy election (part 2) (Message 211 to 220 of 365)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
Date: 3 May 2010 16:31:46
Message: <4bdf32b2$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> supposed to be 100% accurate (or better than 99% accurate),

Read "better than 99% accurate" as "less than 3 million false positives" in
a nation-wide DNA database.

> how exactly does one challenge that if it's
> supposed to be infallible?

To be fair, that's a pretty damn easy thing to challenge. "Here, take my DNA
again."

Of course, every accused criminal will try this approach, at which point,
what did you save by doing a giant collection in the first place.

> but the law sets the police up so as
> to be required to engage in racial profiling.

It's also a witch-trial law. If someone reports you as illegal, the police
are required to come and make you prove you're not.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)